Tuesday 13 March 2012

oh beauty

In the island of dreams where reality is but fantasies,

Where lost hope finds comfort in the hearts of slumbering men, where sorrow seem to be at bay,

There I caught sight of a damsel whom beauty is her name and worshiped by dames.

Her beauty radiates from earth to heaven, making a ridicule of all I ever known as beauty. She is but a symbol of immortal perfection.

She sat near a baobab tree that had its fruits graced with the kind of beauty that is known only to gods,

she caught my gaze and beckoned me with a smile that crippled my heart, click click, I walked with haste like a toddler taking his first few steps to fame,

I am not to be blamed for I am a man that knows no such thing as shame. She held out her hands as I drew closer,

It seemed like an eternal journey which one will only wish never to return from.

As my hands touched hers a cold-call to love anew rang through my veins, giving me a clip of what peace looked like.

I stood still basking in the euphoria of this great moment, In her eyes I saw love that knew no bounds, I have fallen deeply in love with this damsel.

When my wit slowly crept back to me, I opened my mouth and stuttered,

Saying; one thing I ask of thee oh beauty, allow me nest my head in the cradle of your heart that my head may dance to the rhythm of the beauty-filled beats of your heart....

No comments:

Post a Comment